Saturday 18 October 2014

Week 6

This felt like a very short week: probably because we had our last meeting on tuesday due to Thanksgiving weekend travel plans. It also happened to be a very busy week for me in terms of assignments, so I can't say I got as much done for Freeseer as I would have liked.


What I Worked On


Plugins

I made some changes to the plugin refactoring PR after receiving some feedback:


Configuration API Spec

I made a few changes to several endpoints in the spec. The biggest change being that I completely separated the endpoints for viewing/setting the configuration profile from the endpoints that cover the configuration itself.

The spec draft can be viewed here:


Flask and Configuration

I spent some time reading about flask (http://flask.pocoo.org/), and going over the existing recording.py and server.py code. I started experimenting on the configuration controller implementation, and opened a WIP pull request to keep track of these experiments: https://github.com/Freeseer/freeseer/pull/632

Issues

I encountered a unit test failure while testing some of my plugin configuration changes. Strangely enough, it was related to the server tests using the user's real configuration dir and not at all related to the plugins. I opened an issue for it: https://github.com/Freeseer/freeseer/issues/629


What I Will Be Working On

I will mostly be working on the configuration.py controller and some of the related functionality. 

An enhancement I would like to see for the Config classes is to have a method that returns the Config's options wrapped as key-value pairs in a dictionary. ChoiceOption classes could be represented as a list of available options plus its selected one. This will make the implementation of the configuration endpoints much cleaner and straight-forward. I may tackle this over the next week, since it makes sense to have this enhancement before going too deep into implementing the configuration back end.

Next week also happens to be particularly busy again due to midterms and a nasty assignment due date, so I may not get much time to work on Freeseer until later in the week: probably friday and saturday. However, I will check for and respond to any feedback I get on the config API spec.

No comments:

Post a Comment