Sunday 26 October 2014

Week 7

This past week was the busiest school week yet. Midterms really threw a wrench in my usual plans for managing the workload. I also happen to have assignments due on the first three days of the coming week, so I have spent all of the weekend at home doing work. That said, my schedule looks like it's clearing up a little after Wednesday, so I may actually get to spend next weekend doing something other than schoolwork!


What I Worked On

Earlier in the week I met with mtomwing over IRC and got some excellent feedback on the Configuration API draft that I started writing a couple of weeks ago. I reworked most of the Configuration endpoints based on his feedback. These can be seen here:


Later in the week, I spent some time debugging an issue with the refactored plugins code where different instances of a plugin were being saved under the same section in the plugin.conf file. I fixed that issue, made a few other suggested changes and improvements, and the plugins refactoring PR was merged into master! 

While testing the plugins code I also discovered a quirk with the plugin settings widgets: hitting 'close' on a settings window does not save the configuration, so for some of the plugins the default settings shown in their config widgets don't match the settings actually written to file until the user actively changes them. I opened an issue with a more detailed description:


What I Will be Working On

This week I want to prioritize work on the Configuration API, as I think there will probably be many details to work out once I start delving into implementation.

I would also like to have another look at https://github.com/Freeseer/freeseer/issues/636 to see if it's possible to improve the plugin widgets by adding config.save() callback methods to their close buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment