Sunday 2 November 2014

Week 8

This past week felt like a breather compared to the previous, even if I did have assignments due on Monday and Wednesday. I also spent some extra time on TA duties, invigilating a term test on Monday night, then a 4 hour grading session on Thursday. Regardless, I was able to spend a fair amount of time on Freeseer over the course of the week.

What I Worked On


The first task I worked on was figuring out what code changes would be necessary to implement the profile endpoints. Freeseer's ProfileManager class is fairly simple and doesn't offer explicit methods for listing, creating, and deleting profiles.

Likewise, I looked over the endpoints specified in the Config API document and started listing any other potential code modifications required to implement them. You can see some of my annotations (although some are already resolved) on the doc:


Later in the week I started working on the implementation for the configuration controller. I focused mainly on the endpoints that don't require extra code modification, but also set up 'unimplemented' stubs for the others.

I also created a test_configuration.py file and started filling in some unit tests for each of the endpoints. Again, many of these simply test for the 'unimplemented' response for now, since the endpoints themselves are not yet coded. I had to spend a bit of reading time on practices for unit testing Flask apps, and going over the existing test_server code to figure out how to best test the configuration app.

All of the configuration work can be seen in this WIP pull request:


What I Will Be Working On


Over the next week I will continue to flesh out both the unit tests and the implementation code for the configuration api. 

If I have extra time, I may return to an issue I ran into while originally refactoring plugins that required ChoiceOptions, since it affects both the configuration API and possibly also the issue I opened last week:

I initially explained the issue with ChoiceOption plugins and unsupported devices in this doc:


No comments:

Post a Comment