Sunday 30 November 2014

Week 12

Week 12 was the last full week for UCOSP, and the last full week of classes. Needless to say, things are busy. Officially I still have two more days of classes, which means I likewise have two more days to finish up and close my final PR!

What I Worked On

After receiving some feedback on the API Configuration implementation, I set to making some needed additions and changes:
- Refactored the configuration controller code into its own subpackage with a module just for the endpoints, and another to contain all of the associated helper methods.
- Implemented the endpoint for listing existing plugin instances from the plugin.conf file
- Implemented the creation of unique plugin instances using UUIDs
- Numerous style changes and comments
- Unit tests for the newly implemented endpoints

I also spent some time testing all of the endpoints using a chrome extension for sending REST Client requests (Advanced REST Client): 

It was very cool to see all of the configuration changes made from the client.


What I Will Be Working On

I'll be looking for more feedback on the API Configuration PR, then working on it to get it merged before my the end of my last day of classes on Tuesday: 

One particular detail I need to follow up on is adjusting the above PR to take dbrenden's HTTP error changes into account, which were just merged into master. Aside from that, I'd like to write some good comments into the configuration code itself since there are a couple of outstanding issues related to the plugin framework that could be addressed by a later contributer.

No comments:

Post a Comment